Thursday, May 19, 2011

Vacation Hater (Pity Post)

If one more person posts about their vacation plans, I'm going to scream!

Beware: this post is a serious whine fest:

I've never needed a vacation like I need one now, and it totally (in a jealous, bratty kind of way) pains me to hear about everyone else's plans to go tropical/mountain bound/cruising, wish them a fabulous time, and see the tans when they get back.
You know how it is. I know everyone needs a vacation as bad as I do, and we all work our butts off. It's a question of how long I can hang on for while they all let go...

Mind you, I do have Bhakti Fest coming up this Fall. I didn't forget. I know I need to be patient and wait my turn. I'm quite sick of 'waiting my turn', however. This insignificant example of waiting for my vacation is just representative, I suppose, of 'waiting' for other things in my life. It's like playing duck, duck, goose, and never getting to be the goose.

And, through my complaints, I do realize that I'm pretty damn lucky to be able to go on vacation at all. Even a day OFF is a vacation enough; I don't mean that like, I need a trip or a beach or a tan, I just need OUT of the daily grind for a few days.

Ugh. I'm so cranky. Grad school is k-i-l-l-i-n-g me.

2 comments:

  1. ah, you're MY goose!!! love you! and miss you beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WILL make it!! Hang in there! And when your turn comes...it will be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete