Wednesday, November 23, 2016

On the Eve of Pie

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

The holidays are officially upon us! The traditional work stress-storm was right on schedule, alerting me that something big is happening tomorrow. Must. Get. Everything. Done! And then eat pie and leftovers and slog around in pajamas for a couple of days. Yeah!

Here's an embarrassing BEFORE shot of my nails. All these years I've called them my nails but let's be honest...there's not much nail there to really consider. They ARE growing, however! I have been obsessed with making sure I'm moisturizing, going as far as wearing cotton gloves to bed to encourage these nubbies to do something interesting and inspiring while I sleep. I also bought a giant pair of kitchen gloves to use while I do the mountain of dishes that appears in the sink every day. I know, sexy.

I'm super excited.

Then...remember my incredibly eager plan to exercise 6 days a week?
1. I DID IT! For two weeks in a row. It was great...and hard to motivate, even though I could feel the beginning of an addiction being born.
2. Week three, THIS week, is, well, not nearly as successful. Work got crazy busy, which totally killed my time and energy. I'm also just not sure I could maintain a six day a week exercise program. It was a lot to juggle, though like I said, I enjoyed the actual exercising part.

I need to go GRAB MY PUMPKIN PIE OUT OF THE OVEN but I just wanted to pop in, say hi, display my extremely short nails so I have amazing documentation of the first day of the rest of my (nails) life...

Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy every last moment and morsel.
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment