Monday, August 9, 2010

Itchy and Scratchy

Well, it's been a really long time since I've blogged! I've been chugging away at work, clinical hours, finishing up a summer course, preparing for my fall comprehensive exam and...now fighting a case of poison ivy!
Yup.
I pulled ONE weed out of my flower box last week and am now covered in the stuff. I even washed my hands after pulling the weed; I gave it a long look before I touched it and was slightly skeptical. It didn't look like poison ivy, actually, so God knows what I actually have...yikes. It's on my ear (!) neck, back, arms, and a little bit on my face. Sooo cute!

...whatever it is, calamine lotion, rubbing alcohol, and oatmeal baths are my friend.

Stayed home today to try and mellow it out of my body, as well as not scare my coworkers. Do have a lineup today, so I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the things on my agenda.

I've been in a shopping mood lately. Probably an unconscious effort to break out of routine and do something that feels good NOW. This hard work in the long run will feel good, but come on, there's nothing like instant gratification to fuel the fire! This weekend I shopped the sales at EMS and Anthropologie.

I need to take advantage of my 'day off' and study a bit...maybe take a nap in there somewhere.
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I super-dislike the itchy thing. Don't come to my house, there are some very suspicious things in my yard. If it makes you feel any better, I have spider bites *all over* the inside of my arm from sleeping at the cabin. Nice to know I was gnawed on by something with a zillion eyes in my sleep!! But... yay shopping! <3

    ReplyDelete