Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fake it Until you Make it

As one of my professors said to us: "Fake it until you make it!" meaning...go into the therapy room and act as if...we ARE the 'experts' (even though we're not really coming totally from that perspective, but in the clients eyes, we may be seen that way) and even if, as new therapists, we don't FEEL like we know what we're doing....we have to fake it. There was a book posted on FB about the fumblings of new therapists; it's called The 7 Deadly Sins of the Rookie Therapist. I should probably read it to make sure I'm not...doing all 7 of them.

My point is, I've "made" it! The other day I was offered a position as an Adjunct Therapist at the site I've been interning at since the summer of 2010. Yay! I love it there and had secretly been wishing there was a way I could stay on once I graduate. Here it is! I'm pretty happy about the opportunity (and the fact that I'll be paid for these hours!) I will continue working in marketing research (going back full time once I graduate) while I look an opportunity in the therapy field (being an adjunct is not a full time position, so I will need something else). I'll be working lots, of course, but the good news is I'll be making a little bit of money (and hopefully more than I'm making now, which shouldn't be hard!)

Just wanted to share the good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment