Monday, January 18, 2010

Progress, not perfection!

Wow.
I really need to start playing nice.
Lately I've been playing this game called eat-bad-food-get-really-stressed-yell-at-your-boyfriend.
Trust me, it's not a game you can win, so you may as well put it back in the box and send it back to the factory for an overhaul.

I know that I'm anxious about upcoming changes this year, and that finances really can hit me over the head and cause a bit of confusion and upset, but come ON now. Enough is enough and I'm making everyone around me probably want to run screaming.

Sooooooooo I'm trying to get out of this funk. Think of others, meditate, laugh at the little things and not take life so seriously.

This week: School starts Wednesday night! Saturday, Bob and I head to the city for a chant and meditation workshop. After that is a vegetarian dinner and Sunday morning, a free yoga class back in town. I'm excited for the block of serenity we've marked on our calendars and just hope my stinking thinking doesn't get in the way!

Tonight I had a peanut butter and fluff sandwich though, that was fun. And I got my haircut, which it needed. And I have the sweetest boyfriend in the world.

Just thought I should check in and remind myself (and you while I'm at it!) that there is so much to be grateful for and we're all here, together, one day at a time.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I love Stacies blog and am glad she "brought us together!"

    PS-Peanut butter and fluff sandwich=one of my faves! I MAY need to have that for lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete