Thursday, April 29, 2010

Energy!

I get to run tonight!

I was reading another blog and the author spoke of their attempts to change 'I have to' into 'I get to'. Certainly puts a spin on our daily activities! So when you're thinking 'Ugh, I have to do 7,000 loads of laundry tonight', try saying 'I get to do 7,000 loads of laundry tonight.'
It reminds me to be grateful for the things I'm able to do.

Next week is the last week of the semester; I have a final in my substance abuse class and a student readiness evaluation to go over (I'll talk with my pre-practicum professor about my readiness to enter the world of clinical training). I'm taking a long weekend following my last night of class and I'd love to do...nothing. Literally. I'm so....tired.
I'm certainly excited about taking the next step (I get to! I get to!) but I feel like I can't even wrap my head around that energy yet. Just need to decompress from this semester. My work schedule is going to be changing and I'll be adding clinical work and graduate assistant hours to my afternoons as of May-June, so things are going to look a little different in my day starting ! I've been arranging these pieces for the last few months so that's been an additional stress on top of meeting my class requirements, etc.

Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment