Monday, August 10, 2009

Makin' the bacon...so I can bring it home


Happy Monday! Happier that Monday is OVER! Spent the weekend in the hills of PA at a friends hunting club. It's 4 miles up a windy dirt road, nice and deep into bear country. We got our weekend's worth of bears, including a mother bear and her three cubs! They're thought to be about 6 months old. It's quite the experience, standing around the campfire while bears chomp on corn in the distance. I definitely kept one eye over my shoulder!

Arriving on Friday, I spent the afternoon settling into my bunk, (which I shared with my sister, brother in law and 2 year old niece), sitting on the much loved adirondack chairs on the front porch, and just catching up with the others who made it this weekend - college roommates, friends, family. Even played my first game of Ladder Golf.

Saturday, everybody split off here and there and hiked, took the ATV out for a dozen spins through the trails, had a yoga class by the pond (impromptu gathering!), beaded bracelets, shot discs with some bangin' rifles, and just enjoyed the outdoors and each others company. Meals are brought and prepared by the various guests over the course of the weekend. Saturday night is the clambake, which is much anticipated and drooled over. Don't forget the S'mores for dessert! Sunday we prepared our 'famous' (well, with a couple of the other guests) yogurt/fruit/granola breakfast.

I'm back to work for just 2 1/2 days and then I head to Orlando with two girlfriends for 5. Trying to organize my life into those travel-approved ziploc bags. Humph.

Will miss my cat and boyfriend (who will be spending the time together) but am really looking forward to lounging in the sun for a few days!

There is a birthday happening somewhere in the mix of all that. It starts with a 3 and ends with a 0 and I'm not sure how I feel about it...

Anyway.

Since I've been away/am going away, there have been no trips to the grocery store lately, which is making mealtimes rather interesting. However, tonight I whipped up my trusty ol' Obamalette (first time it was made and enjoyed was the night he was elected into office). Omelettes are the answer to leftover woes and creativity cravings! Mine housed turkey, corn, sprouts, tomatoes, and cheese....

No comments:

Post a Comment