Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh Libraries, how I love thee

Last night I headed to my favorite library in the town where my boyfriend lives. It's big and beautiful and has a great music section too. To start my fabulous adventure, I returned a book I've had out for approximately...two years. Paid a nice fine for that. However, once I got that out of the way, I was clean and clear and ready to browse and borrow to my heart's content!

I found the first item of interest upstairs in the music books section. 'Girls Like Us' - about Carly Simon, Joni Mitchell, and Carole King. I've seen it a few places and am so psyched the library had it. No forking over cash for that one! Then, Potato and I browsed the music cd section. He found a couple of concerts on DVD, and I found Raising Sand - Robert Plant and Allison Krauss. I just popped it into my computer. I'll let you know how it is :)
We browsed the Travel section and dreamed our way through India in the guidebooks. There I found 'Holy Cow', which is the story of a woman's journey through India. Love those!
Then I looked for Anthony Bourdain's 'Kitchen Confidential' to no avail, though they did carry another of his books, 'The Nasty Bits'. I didn't take that one out, nor did I look for the book 'Julie and Julia'. I didn't want to get totally up to my eyeballs in books (though I already am anyway).

Currently reading (and loving): My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
Up Next: Twilight and New Moon (for my Florida vacation)
Followed by: Girls Like Us and Holy Cow.

See you in a few weeks. Until then, I'll be buried in a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment