Friday, August 21, 2009

My Own Private Safari

Meet Halla, my new giraffe. When I returned home from Florida, and walked through my front door, carrying my suitcase and bulky carry-on, dirty and loopy-tired, I found this in my living room, provided by the one and only Bob (aka Potato). What more could a girl ask for? I thought I was pushing it by asking for a giraffe for my birthday, but somehow, Bob came through. I've named her Halla, which is an African name meaning 'Unexpected gift' and she stands about 4 feet tall. Just tall enough to scare me everytime I see her out of the corner of my eye. Apparently I'm not quite used to having her around. Even Raina, my lovely little feline, does a doubletake once in a while. Halla just towers above her.

That's right. It was my birthday. The big 3-0. I think I DO feel a little different. I'm not sure I can explain HOW, but something about being in my thirties sort of interests me. I feel like I'm 15, so maybe it's just the meshing of numbers that's got me.

Happy Friday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment