Friday, August 21, 2009

When The Student Is Ready, The Teacher Appears!

So I picked up my textbooks for Fall semester. There are 11. Should I be worried?
One of them is the DSM-IV, which is daunting enough in itself.
I'm pretty excited though, aside from the initial 'fear'...and the fear is really just about a) having time/energy to get all the reading/comprehension done and b) doing well. I'm pretty sure I can and will do both, but there's always just a bit of 'okay we can do this' kind of pep talking before the semester starts. It sort of...takes everything out of me to be in school and have a full time job. Which reminds me, a friend of mine who has been in a few of my classes also has a 6 year old daughter to take care of on top of work + school. I can't imagine. And cheers to her for doing it! Oh - she also just got engaged, so a wedding plan is probably in the makings right now. Busy much?
Classes start September 1.

So happy it's Friday today. Tomorrow I hope to secure a campsite for Labor Day weekend, and maybe swing through some apartments for rent for Potato - and then we'll end the day with dinner out with my sister and college roommate.
Sunday I plan on sleeping. ha ha. Oh yeah and reading the DSM-IV.

Oh I didn't even tell you about my trip to Florida and/or what I came home to...

No comments:

Post a Comment