Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!

The countdown to Christmas has begun! Once again, I didn't realize how many gifts I bought until I started wrapping them all. I thought I started shopping early this year, but it looks like I made it just in time! Still waiting for something small to come in the mail; I fear it is buried under the snow bank in front of my house!

My semester is over, concluding my first year in graduate school. This was a tiring 3 1/2 months, but I came out on top, which makes the hard work worth it. It's still unbelievable that I'm not in class for a month, and I'm waiting to feel the release as I get into the groove of having a little time to myself (and those books I've put aside to read until now!) Thanks to all of my friends and family who listened to me whine...

I've jumped right back into yoga, celebrating my academic freedom and embracing the Self that existed before books and computers and deadlines and all of the externally interesting things that are in the world I inhabit as a student. Getting back to the studio has been grounding and inspiring, and I can't wait to get back on the mat already! It feels like I may have pulled a hamstring yesterday, so I might want to take it a little easy in the couple of days ahead.

We had some snow Saturday, and Bob and I just hunkered down at his place for the night. Sunday I met my whole family at my Dad's house to make cookies with all the kids. The little ones had a great time just...eating the sprinkles and sugar toppings, while the older ones were more artistic in their creations :) And Connor is looking like quite the little chubby bunny! He has those adorable little baby cheeks and was smiling for us!

Speaking of babies, my cousin had her daughter today, at about 30-31 weeks. We haven't heard many details as of yet, including whether or not it was determined by the Dr. or if my cousin went into labor on her own. Keep her and her family in your prayers, and happy birthday little girl!

I've got to go to bed. I've emerged from present-wrapping Hell and should head to bed...I'll be a Christmas zombie in the morning!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment