Thursday, July 11, 2013

Out From the Woodwork

Good morning! And happy 2013...what! I had to dig around on the internet to find my blog; I guess that tells you that it's been a while. That and the fact that we're now in a whole different year. Oops! I've been enjoying some new blogs lately on account of my newfound (or again-found) slightly painful hobby of running. Reading these blogs (ChicRunner.com and HungryRunnerGirl.com) has reminded me that I used to have a blog! Look at that!

 It's been a hot, sticky summer thus far, what a great time to pick up a sport, right? It started in June with a ChallengeLoop monthly challenge of moving in some way four times a week for 30 minutes. That was a nice little jog for me, and having a community within the app to report into, I kept with it and actually started to reap the benefits of a regularly scheduled exercise routine. Now I'm a month and a half in, running four to five times a week, this week working on a 3.5 mile run. Just missed thunder and lightning this morning, too, but did manage to get in on the rain that was coming down...

 Moving our office in two weeks, cutting my commute in half, which is oh-so-amazing (really not amazing for those who will be adding minutes). Work is work but I'm finding that a heavy workload, an exercise routine, and randomly, eating breakfast before I leave for work (as opposed to at my desk at work) gears me up for a typically productive day, which feels good. Forward momentum makes me happy :)

 I'll keep this post short, as I'm just getting back into the swing of things here...oh and have to continue getting ready for work...so have a fabulous it's-almost-the-weekend day!

No comments:

Post a Comment