Wednesday, July 17, 2013

This is Why I'm an Old Lady

I went to sleep at 11:00 and woke up at ten 'til 8 this morning (pressing snooze at my 5:45 wake-up-and-jog alarm). So, I skipped my jog, sad, and had just enough time for a cup of coffee before logging in to work (working from home today, the wonders of technology and the new flexible workplace). Gone are the days where I can stay up 'late' and still be a normal human in the morning...

My boyfriend has trained me well, advocating for a 9 o'clock bedtime (well at least in bed reading, not necessarily going to sleep then, though when I do, it's absolutely amazing). So now 10 o'clock is seriously pushing it for me, yikes!  Granted, on days I run, I wake up at 5:30 and then have a big long day after that, so come evening I'm definitely spent.  In general though, I just feel so much better in the morning when I go to bed early. It's one of those simple life lessons that took me a while to realize, though obviously this kind of thing changes with age so maybe it's just a matter of realizing where I am now and what my body needs. I have friends who stay up until midnight and get up at 6 in the morning; I have no idea how they function...

In running news, however, I ran four miles on Sunday (my longest run yet!) and again yesterday, taking Monday off inbetween. I didn't actually mean to run 4 miles yesterday; I was aiming for 3.5 but ended up a little farther from home than I realized. I also made it up a giant hill that I was totally going to avoid but realized it was actually the shortest way home. I'm not sure that how I got up the hill would be considered 'running' but I definitely had some sort of hop in my step and almost died at the top, which signalled to me that I must have been jogging or doing something similar.

Back to work! Family get together tonight and celebrating BF's recent birthday. Woo hoo! CAKE!
I'll have to discuss my eating habits as-of-late in another post. Since I've started running I've felt a little bit like a bottomless pit.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment