Sunday, October 4, 2009

For Better or For Worse

Sure, I'll write a little post, why not? I'm only supposed to be working on my book review! No big deal!
I'm realizing that as long as I give myself to write a paper, that's how long I'll take.

I had a marvelous weekend. So marvelous, that I'm rather certain I'll mourn the loss of it in the morning. Especially when I'm prying myself out of bed to go get on the treadmill. Last week I only managed to jog one time. This week I should at least try for two.

Back to the weekend. I'm still in it. Friday night was mellow, some homework, tea, TV with my roommate. Saturday me and the cat headed to the vet for an exam to make sure she's just pooping on the bathmat as an expression of irritation, not due to some physical issue. Any results from her bloodwork will be in tomorrow. Let's just hope she's mad!

Saturday afternoon was awesome. Bobby and I went to my niece's Tea-For-Two birthday party. Both girls, born a week apart this month, are turning two!! Ella was over the moon about new bottles and a doll carrier for her baby doll. She's going to be a great big sister, it's obvious! Ava would open a new outfit and immediately take her pants and shirt off, right in the middle of the pile of presents, in order to try the next one on.

This morning, it was off to church. Great sermon about marriage and divorce. Coincides rather smashingly with my graduate courses this semester. I like what the Pastor said - that sometime marriages get 'sick', and, like when people are sick, we do everything we can to help them heal, but sometimes, they don't, and the person, or the marriage, dies. It was nice to hear that this particular faith accepts divorce as reality, though of course doesn't encourage the overuse of it! It is rather disheartening, how MANY divorces take place.

Pumpkin patch, breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien. A barbecue grill relocation (porch project starts tomorrow!), a lovely shopping experience at Trader Joe's, and studying studying studying. Read for an hour. Had pasta w/ tofu (strange combo, but the tofu pacakge suggested it!). More work on my book review (little bit each night...it'll come together, I have faith!)

It was a beautiful day, weather wise, and I spent the weekend with loved ones. Cheers to Fall! Ew and cheers to Sunday night, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment