Sunday, September 27, 2009

What I am is what I am, are you what you are, or what?

Sometimes, I don't like her. The part of me that's cranky and yells at her boyfriend or tries to tell him what to do. Or, the part that whines to her best friends about the silly dramas in her life or doesn't call her sisters as much as she should. I don't like the part of me either, that procrastinates schoolwork because she's scared of not doing a good job (so hell, why work on it at all?)
I do have to remember, however, that I like those parts because they're part of a whole, a human. Even a funny one at times, and one who tries hard keep things in order. She has lots of things on her plate, like work and school, which are great at making crankies, and things she'd like more time for, like friends, family, exercise, cooking and sleeping, and then the typical you're-an-adult-now-here-you-go stuff, like taking care of the house and saving money for the future. (The Jeep won't last forever!)
See, not it makes more sense to me, why she gets cranky sometimes...why the house doesn't get vacuumed as much as it maybe should, why sometimes she just wants to watch TV and eat a peanut butter sandwich and ice cream.
I guess I get it now, why sometimes the ugly parts show up first, but it doesn't mean I have to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment