Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Welcome to the world...little one!

It's a Boy!

Connor David was born at 5:15 today, November 3!
8 pounds, 6 ounces -- 21 inches

A boy! I'm so excited to meet him. Last night H called me around 10 and said 'I think my water is breaking...' so I hopped in my car and sped off to her house so she and J could head to the hospital to get checked out while I stayed home with a sleeping E. They didn't come home last night, so when I woke up this morning I knew that we were in for a baby today!
E and I had breakfast, played inside, and got dressed. By that time, Grandpa was on his way too!
The three of us, plus the dog, played outside once the sun came out. Then we read books, watched Sesame Street, and while E napped, Grandpa ran a couple of errands and I worked on homework.

Oh yeah - I had a midterm tonight in my DSM (Assessment) class!
It was actually during class that Connor was born; I had a voicemail afterwards. I worked hard during class and was rewarded with the announcement of this new little guy.
My midterm was really hard. The case studies, particularly, where we had to diagnose on the 5 axis. I'm sure for someone versed in the DSM this isn't as daunting anymore, but it seemed like I was just turning myself in circles, the more I thought about a case.
However: I got an A+ on the book review I wrote a couple weeks ago!

And now I need to be working on my presentation for tomorrow night's class. I'm beat from the anticipation and excitement from today but know I just have to get through one more day of class this week and then I get to meet Connor! And then I plan on sleeping until next Monday. I'll make sure to save some for H and J, too.

Love and Babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment